Thursday, September 06, 2007

Run for One

We did it!

A great big THANK YOU to those of you who helped me accomplish this goal.

I completed the Run for One and finished the Virginia Beach Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon Sept. 2, 2007. I felt like it was the best race I'd ever run.

It wasn't my fastest time (1:42), but it was better than I'd expected (1:48). It worked out to be about 8.3 minute miles (for 13 miles). And the feeling of being a part of something bigger than myself was remarkable and irreplaceable.

For race results, click the medals (credit: rnrhalf.com photo gallery). My bib #6209.












For photos of me running, click this photo (credit: rnrhalf.com photo gallery).




Our hotel was right on the beach, and I enjoyed some down-time after a very hectic week (layoffs at work).
Our coach, Lisa Rainsberger (Boston marathon winner), with me and other runners for one-rs.

"Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." Hebrews 12:2

2 comments:

katie said...

Couldn't get the pics of you to come up, but I'll just make you show me later... :)

Awesome awesome, friend. Way to use your gift and passion to God's glory and for the benefit of a girl in need.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Wow I am impressed. I would love to have the feeling of accomplishing something like this. To test the body and the mind. Bless you for sharing your success. I'm thrilled you got to do this.