Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Time-tested truth

Last week when I was at the Air Force Academy, I decided to stop by the Cadet Chapel since I'd never been inside. It's worth the trip!
Though many churches and cathedrals are much older than this structure, I got a sense that so much history has passed by those angular walls.
In related news, 5/30 reports, "For the first time, the Pentagon approved a motion picture to be filmed at the Air Force Academy."
Wanting to soak in the reality that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, I walked in the chapel (don't worry, it's allowed!), sat down on a pew, and picked up a hymnal.
This passage is the one that jumped out at me:
"I hide Your Word within my heart to keep me safe from sin. For where your truth is in control, no lie can inter in." --Claire Cloninger
I'm reminded once again, "For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does." (Psalm 33:4)

No comments: