Thursday, September 07, 2006

Check out Agia Sophia

The best local coffee shop/bookstore/hangout I've yet to experience in Colorado Springs.
Thanks to Kjersten for telling me about this place. If you'd like to learn more, click here.
A friendly barista greeted me and took my order. I wandered upstairs and discovered a priest chatting with another man next to a mountain-view window. I browsed the "Athletes of Prayer" books, sat down on a comfy leather sofa, then enjoyed my scone and Thai spice latte (which the lovely barista brought up to me) while taking advantage of free wi-fi. I'm considering having my writing group meet here at least every other week. Don't you think small independent coffee shops and book stores should be supported? Check it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Most definitely support the indy bookstores! It looks AMAZING. I vote our group meets there ALL the time. :)

allijack said...

I heard about this place just before I left... sounds wonderful. May I reserve a visit upon my return?

katie said...

Pretty sure I have studied there for like the last three or four days in a row. Turns out an old friend I haven't seen in about five years works there, too. Craziness.

Thanks for the suggestion- and I am ALL ABOUT supporting the little man in the world of coffee shops. Especially the Eastern Orthodox ones:)