Friday, October 27, 2006

Blizzard!



Yesterday’s blizzard dumped more than a foot of snow on Colorado Springs, closing schools, businesses, and interstates. The snow started falling around 4 a.m., and many didn’t believe the forecasted storm would actually materialize.
Personally, I was elated to see a winter wonderland outside my window when I woke up. I spent the day reading, writing, practicing the harmonica, then the evening playing with friends. We went sledding, then roasted bratwurst and s’mores, and played cards.
Today, after a delayed start, I'm back at work. Here's the view from our break room. Looks like half a double-stuffed oreo! Now it's sunny and 50+ degrees. Crazy Colorado weather--I love it!

2 comments:

Tea with Tiffany said...

Gotta love it here in Colorado. I too posted blizzard photos. Sounds like a great snow day!

We went sledding the day after fun, fun! Actually my kids did and I took pictures.

abbs said...

I'm smiling even now as I read and think about our fun!! Whudda thunk?! GLORIOUS COLORADO and more importantly... GLORIOUSLY GRACIOUS GOD!

You're awesome!