Monday, October 23, 2006

Toe update

Thanks for the concern over my silly little toe. I don’t think it’s broken. Up to this point, I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood and pray for more grace), so I’m not really sure what it would feel like. If broken, I don’t think I would’ve been able to:
1. square dance on Friday
2. hike The Incline Saturday
3. swing dance on Sunday
I’m incredibly grateful for the opportunity and an able body to do these activities. Recently witnessing a car accident and a could’ve-been-fatal “climbing” accident make me realize how fragile life and mobility are.
Let’s not take it for granted!

1 comment:

katie said...

Amen and amen. It is an incredible gift to be able to dance and hike and bike. It took a couple years of being super sick for me to really get that. May we be ever mindful of the blessing.

I'm glad you avoided breakage-- but I must say, that was one bea-yootiful purple digit!