Monday, November 06, 2006

Thank you, Mr. President






Saturday, November 3 I got to meet President George W. Bush!
He was in Colorado to support the Republican candidate for governor, and stopped by Buckley Air Force Base to thank his troops. The President shook my hand, looked me in the eye, and said, "Thank you for serving." I replied, "Thank you, Mr. President."
Regardless of what one thinks of his politics, it's still an absolute honor to meet the Commander in Chief. At the same time, he is just a human, just like any leader. What I most look forward to is meeting my ultimate Big Boss, God, in heaven.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. Cool!

allijack said...

thank you for serving! hope it was a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome experience! And you deserve it! I'm proud of you for serving our country! Thank you!