Monday, January 15, 2007

Overwhelmed

I’ve been feeling a little overwhelmed with life because there’s so much going on. And there's so much more I want to do in this year, and during this lifetime.

I bet you can relate. Here are some things that may help:

1. Surround yourself with people who will speak truth to you. Select a group of close, intimate friends who know you. Don’t even try to fool them, but allow them to tell you who you are, who God is—and let that transform your life.

When conversing with friends this weekend about resolutions, one of them asked if we could suggest resolutions for each other. I gleaned valuable insights from these dear friends’ suggestions. Another question: What gift do you feel you have, but haven’t been exercising? Resolutions often fixate on what we’re not good at, but what if we focused on some talents/skills/gifts we’d like to improve upon?

2. Make a commitment to cut the excess baggage out of your life.
What is most important to you? A leadership principle called the 80/20 rule says 20% of the things in your life create 80% of your success. And 80% of the things you spend your time on only give you 20% of your successes. Find the top 20% of the things you are good at that yield the most results and cut the 80% of things that are basically wasting your time.

1 comment:

Olin said...

SOrry I was so over caffeinated when we talked this morning. Ahhggghh drinking coffee.... calm calm stay calm.. breath. breathing is is is good . whew. I can do this. Now I lost my train of thought. Uh I guess I haven't made a post since I started my blog and I dont see me in your list. By the way How do I do that? Chewy ran the other day without limping. Maybe I will go for a run. Brr its cold down here. Umm thats all for now Luv ya buh bye.