Friday, January 19, 2007

Tagged

I was reading Margaret Feinberg’s blog today and she said, “if you're reading this consider yourself tagged,” which means I get to answer these questions here, and if you’re reading this, and you have a blog, consider yourself tagged.

1. What’s the most fun work you’ve ever done?
Writing magazine articles, reviewing books, music, and movies.

2. What's one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did?
Running. I love it, but it’s not worth the sciatic pain it now provides me.

3. What's one thing you’ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off?
Write a book.

4. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why?
Learn: Music—how to play the piano and harmonica (I’ve never had a talent for music, but I’d like to conquer my fear of being incompetent at it) and how to fly an airplane (I’ve loved my experiences as a passenger in 2-seaters, and would love the thrill and challenge of being the operator—plus, it runs in the family).

Become better at: swing dancing (it’s fun and I want to be able to dance with anyone) and swimming (it’s a great workout and my missing link to being better at triathlons).

5. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn?
If Jesus isn't an option, I might say Leonardo da Vinci. I would hope to learn how to use my brain and abilities to their full capacity.

6. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
Caring, beautiful, encouraging

7. Now list two more words you wish described you…
fearless, confident

8. What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes)Writing, relationships, health

9. Write–and answer–one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max)

What is one step you can take toward doing that thing you’ve been putting off?

I hope that the fiction-writing class I’m taking will help me get closer to writing the book that is in me.

1 comment:

katie said...

Da Vinci, eh? Great idea. And yes, I hope that class gets you even closer to writing that book that I can't wait to read.