Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A legacy left well

There are no words for describing the grief felt by the loss of a dear woman, Sheryl DeWitt.
I came to know Sheryl while at Focus on the Family Institute. She had a profound impact on me and thousands of others.
If you visit the Web site set up to keep everyone informed about her cancer battle, you will find hundreds of messages describing how Sheryl impacted lives. She imparted Jesus' transforming love on every person she met. What an amazing woman, who left a legacy that will live on far beyond her short earthly years.

2 comments:

katie said...

I'm glad you posted this, and I pray for God's nearness in grief. I know that telling stories was one of the best things for me when Jeannie died. I'd love to hear any if you ever feel the need.

"The great use of life is to do something that will outlast it." May we also live with legacy in mind.

Rachelle said...

Hey Carrie, haven't heard from you in awhile. I know things have been hard. I pray Jesus will be giving you constant comfort as you grieve theloss of Sheryl.

I wanted to let you know I tagged you on the Morning Face Challenge. Maybe you will be motivated to get back in the blogosphere...