Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Hair Strikes Again

What is it with this hair lately?

Every time I dye it something funky happens in my life.
Let me explain. The sun is shining, and it’s a happy day.I finally made myself a hair appointment for a cut and color, rather than wrecking it myself, as I’ve done many a time in the past.

I’m supposed to meet a new guy today (although that’s not the reason I made an appointment). A coworker is bringing over someone she’s wanted to set me up with for over a year. So this hair better look good.

In all my anticipation and excitement to go to the hairdresser (or maybe just because I’m running late and everyone exceeds the speed limit on this road), I start speeding eagerly along.

I’m singing along to my music, and then I see him.
The merry motorcycle cop. “Oh, blank. I’m going 60. ”

He pulls me over, tells me he clocked me at 55 in a 40 zone and hands me a $150 ticket and says (very nicely, actually), “I hope the rest of your day goes better.”

So essentially I spent $235 and 3 hours for my hair today.

(Disclaimer: I’m really not complaining, nor do I really believe bad stuff happens because of bad hair days).

And by the way, the hair turned out fine, as did the meeting with the boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad your hair is good. Sorry about the ticket.
But I want to hear more about the BOY!
;)