Monday, November 21, 2005

The intersection

I like guys; I really do (actually I prefer to like one boy rather than multiple ones at one time). But they’re so much trouble!
We both had a great time this weekend—which is why I’ve been having a hard time eating, a really hard time sleeping.
I just keep wondering what's going to happen at
the intersection of me and him.
Is God giving me the green light to move toward a relationship?
What happens if I go, but get in a crash?
How do I keep from speeding, yet go quickly enough not to block up traffic?
Yet, I know I can’t enjoy the journey when I’m so concerned about the destination (happily ever after).
I have to accept that I will never know what’s at the end of the road.
That’s why (one of many reasons) I need God.
I ask Jesus to take the wheel.
I want to surrender this journey and each new turn to Him.
Show me the path where I should go, O Lord; point out the right road for me.
–Psalm 25:4 TLB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy stories! Remind me to force you to tell us all about this tomorrow night. :)