Thursday, March 15, 2007

GMA coming soon

This post really should go on my carrieAtune blog, since it's related to music, but I already have it here and don't know if it's possible to post to two blogs at once. Anyone have a clue? I'm debating whether to consolidate blogs, since perhaps that would be easier and I don't update the other as often. Thoughts?

Anyway, back to my post.

I've been busily scheduling interviews for my week in Nashville, April 21-25 for the Gospel Music Assoc. Week and Dove Awards.

So far, I'm most excited about talking with Mandisa, former American Idol contestant who made it to the final rounds in the fifth season. Mandisa will release her debut album (Sparrow/EMI CMG) in May and book, IdolEyes (Tyndale House) in June.
IdolEyes is co-authored with Angela Hunt and gives a view into Mandisa’s Idol journey, including how judge Simon Cowell’s derogatory remarks opened up opportunities to share with women about her food addiction and God’s loving acceptance.
Mandisa is no newcomer to music. She has also traveled across the nation with various worship conferences and women’s events and retreats (Integrity Music, Living Proof Live featuring Beth Moore, LifeWay Christian Women’s Conventions) as a worship leader. Check out her MySpace to listen to her powerful voice.

I'm also excited to catch up with Chris Rice.
Check out his Web site: http://www.chrisrice.com/, which has links to his blog (good thoughts--but lots of pictures of food lately, so only visit while not hungry) and music (my favorite song is "Lemonade.") Briefly about him: Nine years ago listeners were introduced to Chris Rice and his introspective lyrics with his first release Deep Enough to Dream. Since then, he has sold more than 1.5 million units and has had 11 No. 1 radio singles. His debut venture on INO/Eb+Flo Records (“Amusing”) was a hit with media and radio, including Mainstream AC radio with a Top 5 Hit (“When Did You Fall In Love”). Chris is really excited about going into the studio again with longtime friend, producer Monroe Jones. His next project is set to release this June.

While I'm at GMA, I try to interview lesser-known, up-and-coming bands, rather than the ones everyone loves, so more to come about the newbies!

2 comments:

Olin said...

I'm excited to hear more. Chris was interviewed by the Pentecostal Evangel; I haven't read the article yet.

katie said...

You have a crazy cool job. I will be interviewing several textbooks on the Pentateuch around that time.

But don't let that make you jealous.