Thursday, May 10, 2007

8 Random Things

I didn’t know there would be so much tagging involved with blogging. It’s fun though.
I’ve always liked tag. Thanks Tiffany.

The rules of this game:
Each person starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their eight things and post the rules. At the end of your blog, tag eight people and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

So, here are 8 random things about me. (It’s funny that my blog’s name is It’s NOT About Me. Just keep in mind it’s God who’s weaving together the seemingly random details of my life.)

1. Montana is my birthplace and was home until I went to college in Spokane, WA. Even though I feel very at home in Colorado, I will always call MT “home.” Boating on the Missouri River is a favorite activity when visiting my parents.

2. When I was younger I wanted to be an architect and interior designer, or an equestrian. I traveled to England after I graduated from high school to shadow a professional, which opened my eyes to the positives of a career in journalism. Now instead of horses, I ride bikes and sit on inanimate sheep statues.

3. My dream job since college has been to work for Brio magazine for teen girls. I thought freelancing for them would be a good in. Then I thought Focus on the Family Institute would be a good in. Neither of these have landed me a job, but I’m thankful for these experiences. God has me where I am for a reason (I just don’t quite know what it is!)

4. My first car was a Buick Century, which I bought with money I made from selling my cow. Seriously! When it broke down (the car, not the cow) I got a Buick Skylark. It had this weird quirk where it would stall at a stop light and lurch through intersections. The paint started chipping, so we peeled it all off thinking we’d paint it some day. My dad fixed the engine and still drives the unpainted car. (It actually doesn’t look too bad). I got fed up with it and acquired my first car payment in 2003 for a 1999 Subaru Outback. I loved that car for its functionality and versatility. I payed it off and it kept me safe in a bad accident, but was totaled in Dec. 2006. Now I have Jade.

5. I like to test the limits, push the boundaries, try new things, and be adventurous. A goal in this arena is to go skydiving this year.

6. I love photography and camping and would like to do both more often. Photo credits: KLerch

7. I’ve hiked three fourtneeners in the four years I’ve lived here: Uncomagre, Elbert, and Pikes Peak (which I’ve hiked three times—each of which was miserable, yet memorable).

8. Sprint triathlons are super-fun and I’m training for some this summer. Photo credit: Jennifer Janis

2 comments:

Tea with Tiffany said...

Thanks for playing tag!

You are quite the woman. I'm thrilled to know more about you. I hope your dreams come true. Laughed at your cow sale.

Hope to see you soon. It's been way too long!

katie said...

Oooh...I'm not so good as you about the photo credits. Perhaps I'll have to try and remember to go back and adjust a thing or two.

You're so much fun, and so full of good stories. I, too, am a fan of the cow thing...hilarious. I'm also a fan of the fact that the original Suby kept you safe. Those were scary moments.