Tuesday, May 08, 2007

This is me in the morning

So, I guess this whole idea started with Lisa Samson at Author Intrustion.

She says: "Are you brave enough to post your face without makeup? Will you take the morning face challenge? The internet is a place of smoke and mirrors. We can put forward anything we want, any face, any history, any tales of gore and glory.
Women as they reach middle age mourn what once was and what will never be again. Some of us will never be rolled into an operating room or have a hypodermic needle stuck into our face, shooting in a form of bochilism that will paralyze our muscles to a more youthful glow. Botox anyone?
A while ago, the ragamuffin diva and I were chatting on the phone. She said, "I pray for the grace to age gracefully, and let the young women have their day." What a beautiful outlook. A long time ago, another great blogger, Katy at fallible.com told me, "I just want to look pleasant."
Will you take the challenge? Will you post who you really are? Without embellishment, as the morning sun, or the alarm, or a husband or a child sees you when you first open your eyes to meet the day? And if not, ask yourself why not? If you will, will you spread the word on your own blog so that other women will have the confidence to let the young women receive their glory as we grow in wisdom. Let me know if you choose to take the morning face challenge. Here goes. This is me. Almost 43. Barefaced with crazy hair. Who else will join me?"

This is me in the morning. Like my $1 star pjs?



6 comments:

katie said...

You're amazing. I hope someday you get a real heart-glimpse of how beautiful you are.

Props on taking the challenge and encouraging others to do the same. Mine's coming soon.

Rachelle said...

What is it about the age of 43???? So many of us are the same age, it's weirding me out!

Carrie, I love your pic. It's so don't-bother-me-I-haven't-had-coffee-yet. What amazing eyes you have, girl! You are g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s.

I'm so glad you're playing along. Thanks for being a good sport!

Rachelle said...

Of COURSE I know you're not 43... (wink). You look about 19 so you'd better not be my age!
Have a great day...

Paula said...

Totally love those jammies. Can't believe you found them for $1. BTW, something weird with my computer mean that the only way I could see your picture was with it magnified into something bigger than my screen. I had to scroll up and down and side to side and, my goodness, how come you can look so good totally magnified!?!

Mary DeMuth said...

Wonderful! You're lovely. Thanks for participating.

allijack said...

you're inspiring! I love the natural you!

I've seen this challenge on several blogs :: perhaps I should follow suit?